Starting from September 4th we will have ALDE individual memberdsSteering Comittee elections. So, as usual we get to know candidates and their motivations. First round with Timothy Asotie and Sven Gossel
I believe the Individual Members have more to give if they are well prepared and mobilized with more political channels to transmit their voices across Europe. The fact is, Alde Individual Members are the mouthpiece to help Alde Party realize and fulfill her political goals and values. The IMs are the definition of Liberalism and Democracy, and they promote socio-cultural integration for political transparency and accountability. The IMs are channeling their voices towards building a society with fair and equal value, human rights and violence-free communities for economic enhancement/growth.
For continuity and for a stronger force of agitation, I would love to serve Alde Individual Members for the following reasons:
1) to help build stronger communication and relationship between Alde Party and the Individual Members, by making the IMs the center-focus in Alde Party policymaking.
2) to project IMs goals and objectives during the Steering Committee decision-making process, policy formulation, and enactment for the benefit and promotion of the Individual Members.
3) to work dearly with Steering Committee Members in building stronger and advance political platforms to promote human rights and keep fighting for what Alde represent; “liberalism and democracy”.
4) I will encourage the Steering Committee to build a relationship and collaborate with the IMs national coordinators to promote Alde values in their various country. This will help to strengthen the fight for a united Europe, equality, freedom of speech/choice, and above all, help to fight against political totalitarianism across Europe.
5) I will never forget and will keep in touch with Alde Individual Members about Alde political movement and political events. And I will encourage the Individual Members to always attend Alde events and participate in political issues/matters in our various countries.
Permit me to say this, the IMS need more force and I will support to create that energy and motivation in making IMs a success. “together we can achieve more”.
Europe is at crossroads. With Donald Trump in the West, Vladimir Putin in the East, Brexit in the North and dying migrants in the South, the continent faces real and present challenges. China represents both economical growth and a threat to freedoms Europe stands for ever-since the turmoil of the second world war. The Middle East needs answers, facing a secondary conflict of super powers in-between regional interests towards nuclear weapons of a region we all depend on as to energy resources.
The European Union has to move forward now, to mitigate these developments, moreover, to catalyze from those for a better future of all our continent. May it be by fighting climate change, by tackling poverty in Africa or central Asia, by standing together for free trade, or protecting and ensuring our civil rights and economical success.
Alde Individual Members do have a strong say in this, but need to express it much better, much more efficiently, with confidence and trustworthiness. With my current foothold in foreign policy, within all EU infrastructure and our digital life, I feel extremely well positioned to work for the Individual Members in our every favor: to improve the standing of the Alde IM family towards the Alde party, to contribute in a teamwork with other members of the Steering Committee to make our membership growing and improve and integrate our organization into the programmatic and political work of a truly liberal European party. We are Europe, and we’ve gotta show it.